Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tsunami

What a whirlwind of a day!!! Woke up to some unpleasant surprises- natural disasters to name the big one! But on a good note, my Tosca Reno cookbook did come in the mail! (and yes, I did insist we bring it with us when evacuating to a friends house!) It was obviously a necessity: in case we need to get creative with our canned goods of course! Luckily, the Tsunami did NOT hit, and I was not forced to try out my survivor cooking skills.

Its crazy, and a little sad, that it takes even the threat of something like this to put life in perspective. I have to admit I was scared OUT OF MY MIND this morning, but there is a beauty in what a good scare can do to clear your mind. Yes, we're safe, and yes, its over, but the reminder that life is short is still there. Bottom line: do what makes you happy, surround yourself with people who support and love you, take chances, don't let negativity effect you, and follow your heart. The only thing in life that is permanent is change- so live without regrets!

On a lighter note, now that I finally have my new cookbook be expecting LOTS of new recipes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment