Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lazy Sundays

I would have to say Sundays are my favorite day of the week: its one of those days where you can truly just take a break from everyday life. Its the only day my husband and I can relax together and do 'whatever'. We get to catch up on housework, watch movies, have a mid-day workout, try new recipes, and just enjoy being with each other:)

After searching through Tosca Reno's cookbook, and finding lots of savory recipes to try, I became inspired myself. I decided to try out my own creative cooking skills and make a recipe of my own! Turns out I'm not half bad at cooking- (not to say I haven't had my share of mistakes and burnt attempts). Unfortunately for my husband, he's been subject to trying everything I make, good or bad. I try to incorporate a protein, good carb, vegetable, and fruit in all of my recipes, as well as a good fat. Today's recipe can be served hot or cold, and ingredients can be interchanged to suit your own taste buds.

Quinoa with a Mediterranean Flair!

1/2c Quinoa
15-20 Small- Medium Shrimp
1/4c Cucumber
1/4c Green Beans
1/4c Red Peppers and Mushrooms
1 tbs Seasoned Goat Cheese or FF Feta
4-5 Greek Olives
1-2 tbs Low Fat Sundried Tomato Salad Dressing
1/2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pepper to taste

Some other options would be to use chicken, lemon juice, or fresh basil.

1. Saute red peppers, mushrooms, shrimp, and dressing over med- high heat till browned, (aprox 5-10 min).
2. Mix quinoa, cucumbers, green beans, olive oil, cheese, and olives in bowl.
3. Let heated mixture cool, stir everything together and serve!

Enough blogging for now- time to snuggle up on the couch with the one I love most<3

No comments:

Post a Comment