Saturday, September 25, 2010

ECHO


Hi Everyone! Today I'd like to talk about the importance of taking care of YOU! You know that saying your body is your temple? Well, its true- what you put in your body, is what you are going to get out. This goes for both physically and mentally. Today, since I focus so much on the the physical aspect of nutrition and fitness, I am going to focus on the mental.
The other day I was writing and had the TV on in the background, when a sermon came on. Usually the tv is there just to add noise, but I stopped and began to listen. The man began to talk about what you project out to the world is what you get back: like an echo. This made me think...as simple as those words are there is so much truth in them. I thought to myself that if I felt I wasn't worth having a career and happiness, then I am sure to never have it, but if I felt in my heart, and lived everyday of my life with positivity I was sure to receive it back. The concept is simple, but so true. If I am happy and positive, than others around me will become happy and positive. And what what better joy is there in life than to spread happiness??
This led me to a conversation I had with a good friend, where talked about what we wanted out of life. Luckily we are both blessed with loving families and husbands, and are able to pursue a career of our choice. Her drive towards her career and clarity in her thoughts inspire me. She works selflessly to help others reach their goals, and she is in return given happiness from her clients' joy. A beautiful cycle. It got me thinking about my own goals. When I started on this journey of health and fitness I wanted to be on the cover of magazines and starring in workout videos, (and I still wouldn't mind it lol) but I find my desires growing to expand to other areas of the wellness world. Being fit and healthy is a gift I've given myself, and something I feel I can share with others to give them happiness and joy. I can't tell people what to think or how to feel, but I can give them the tools to help find it themselves. Everyone here on Earth has a gift- realizing you have one is part one, sharing it is part two. To those of you who read my blog and follow my journey, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm still learning, but I'm here to share 'my gift' with you. My journey becomes your journey, as yours will become mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment