Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ASPARAGUS

For some unknown reason my blog is not allowing me to post any pictures with my blurb for today, so I guess I will be forced to write without! Today I'm posting a quick and easy asparagus recipe. But before I reveal my recipe I have to tell you all about this amazing veggie, part of the "lily" family of vegetables. Asparagus is great for numerous reasons: some which may surprise you! So I can tell you must be holding back your excitement so I'll get started...ASPARAGUS IS...
-a great detox vegetable (Asparagus is loaded with potassium, which lowers belly fat, and fiber which cleanses the digestive system. Who doesn't need a good flush of their system from time to time)
-has anti-aging benefits (maybe there's an asparagus face cream?? I'll have to look into that!)
-is an aphrodisiac (who knew asparagus could be sexy??)
-can protect against cancer ( Contains folate, which protects against cancer- I guess this veggie is much stronger than it looks!)
-reduces pain and inflammation (I guess I know what I'll be eating today for dinner!)
-can prevent osteoporosis and osteoarthritis (Contains Vitamin K which helps build strong bones- I guess milk isn't the only one building strong bones!)

Who knew?!? Now on to the recipe- you can use fresh or frozen asparagus.

-mix asparagus with: 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1 tbs Vinegar (white, Red, or Balsamic)
-sea salt and pepper to taste (or any seasoning you prefer)
-Lay flat on baking sheet and cook 8-10 min at 425

No comments:

Post a Comment