Thursday, September 16, 2010

PROTEIN PANCAKES


These tasty plate helps me start most mornings of the day, paired along with some veggies on the side. Its packed with whey protein (which aids in building lean muscle mass) oatmeal (source of many nutrients and fiber) unsweetened applesauce (contains phytonutrients that act as antioxidants and fiber as well) cinnamon (has very strong anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, and can be an effective home remedy for many ailments) egg whites (the purest form of protein, and low in cholesterol) and topped off with a drizzle of honey (nature's energy booster, builds up our immune system, and is also a cure for many ailments!)
What else could you ask for in a breakfast?? Oh, that its quick and easy too?? Well, it is! Believe me I don't do much cooking that takes longer than 10 min. In fact, this one is less that 5!
*Pre-heat pan and spray with Pam or other non-stick cooking spray.
*Mix 1/4c of the following ingredients: oatmeal, egg whites, unsweetened applesauce
*1 tsp Truvia or Stevia
*1/2 tbs cinnamon
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*1/2 scoop Vanilla whey protein powder
-Pour mixture over hot pan and cook till you can flip pancake to other side without it falling apart. *This is why its key to have the pan pre-heated (aprox 2 min each side)
-Drizzle with honey, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey El! Thanks soo much for this great recipe! My husband is actually making them for me this morning! I hope you don't mind, I added the pancake link to my page-- loved it so much! Keep up the recipe ideas! <3

    ReplyDelete