Monday, February 22, 2010

Food For Fuel!

In such a good mood! So much to be happy and grateful for! I'm sitting here with my wonderful husband watching the Olympics, which I'm embarrassed to say I haven't watched ANY of till tonight! It's so inspiring to watch such talented and dedicated athletes do what they've worked soo hard for. It makes me want to push myself that much harder, both physically and mentally. Which brings me to an important topic- being mentally prepared and excited about your HEALTH. When choosing to eat/ live clean and healthy you are making a physical AND mental commitment to yourself. It is so much more than just eating healthy and working out; it is a promise to yourself to exercise your mind as well. The more I learn about myself, and how this lifestyle has affected me- the more I am sure that I am practicing what my body and mind need. I find peace in constantly learning more about nutrition, sharing my knowledge with others, and taking time for ME, (whether its through a form of exercise, or anything else). Investing in your health is truly one of the best things you can do for yourself! It is not selfish! It is smart!

I know for me some parts of my journey have been easier than others. I have always been self conscience of my own writing (which is ironic since I am now writing a blog!) but recently I was assigned a writing assignment to try and write for a newspaper...and nervous as I was to receive rejection, I went after it! Today I just found out that my article I recently wrote, FOOD FOR FUEL, is going to be published in the Granite State newspaper!!! I am soo excited! As soon as its published I will post a link! So, moral of today's blog: PERSEVERANCE! Through perseverance you can attain your goals of a healthy lifestlye, both mentally and physically.

On a side note, I just ordered two of Tosca Reno's cookbooks and I am sooo excited! So get ready for some new recipes!!!...except they probally won't be here for another 2 weeks because it takes FOREVER to get anything to Hawaii!

No new recipes for today, but I have some helpful hints!

1. Always eat breakfast! Kickstart your day with something sufficent- something like MY USUAL (egg white and veggie omlette with oatmeal with fruit)
2. Eat 4-6 times a day to keep your metabolism up!
3. Include healthy fats in your diet like: nuts, nut butters, olive oil, avocado, salmon, and flaxseed.
4. Read labels!!! Some foods only APPEAR to be healthy. Look for words like 'enriched' and 'processed'- (aka NO GOOD!)
5. Variety is key! Be creative with cooking; look up new recipes and try them yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment