Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Perhaps this post should have gone before the other today, but like everything else, my writing is a little scattered- so bear with me! This blog I'm writing (in addition to what was written earlier) is going to hopefully- no, it WILL, keep me on track with my clean eating and healthy lifesytle. In addition, I hope to inspire, and get inspired on my journey.

So, I tried one new recipe today...Tosca Reno's Clean Egg Salad. I was a little skeptical at first- in mayo's place was cottage cheese...hmmm I definetly would not have thought of that! The final verdict: I give in an 8 out of 10. It wasn't as creamy as the original, but full of flavor and wayyy more healthy! Even my husband gave it try. He wasn't too crazy about the curry, but he managed to get it down: always a good sport!

Tosca Reno's Clean Egg Salad
1/4 c FF or Lowfat cottage cheese
1 tbs Skim Milk
1 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp sea salt
dash of curry
2 tbs green onion, chopped
2 tbs celery
4 hard boiled egg whites
1 hardboiled egg yolk

1. whip cottage cheese, milk, and spices.
2. fold in egg, onion, and celery.

I ate this with whole wheat toast and an apple. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment