Saturday, February 27, 2010

Been quite busy for the past couple days! Working 9 hour days can sure take it outta you! But, I have squeezed in some quality cooking time, and my husband has picked up the slack when I couldn't keep up! For my new recipes I made Stuffed Peppers and Brooke Johnson's Chicken Salad. The best thing about Stuffed Peppers is you can put anything in them you want! I stuffed mine with:

Boiled Chicken
Quinoa
Mushrooms
1 tbs Olive Oil
capers
garlic
...and topped them with FF Feta
....some other yummy options:
raisons
cranberries
nuts
couscous
salsa
tomatoes
anything your tummy is craving!!!

1. Cook quinoa or whatever your filling is first.
2. Cut and gut peppers. Steam until soft.
3. Stuff peppers and bake for 30-35 min and 375.

Brooke Johnsons Chicken Salad (healthy Waldorf Salad)
Makes 2 servings! (1 serving= 1cup)

4.5 oz chicken (I boiled mine)
1/3 c red grapes
1/3 c green apples
1/4 c 0% Greek Yogurt
1/4 c Walnuts
1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
2 Packets Sugar Free Packets (I like Truvia, Sun Crystals, PureVia, or anything with a natural Stevia extract base)
1/3 c celery (I used green onion because I don't care for celery)

This recipe is AMAZING! Tastes BETTER than the original, unhealthy version!

And on other news...drum roll please...I am now a published writer! Yea!!! Check it out:
www.baysider.com February 25, 2010 Page B4!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment