Thursday, February 18, 2010

BREAKFAST

Good Morning! 6:30 am here, husband just left for work and I'm just finishing up breakfast. I went with the usual: omlette and oatmeal. Sometimes its good keep some things the same: having a contsant something or other. What is that rule about doing something for some certain amount of days, and then it becomes a habit?? Thats kind of like my breakfast- occasionally I change it up a little, tweek it, but really its the same. So here's the basic recipe for...
MY USUAL
3/4 c egg whites
1/2 c brocolli
1 tbs goat cheese

Now really you can add whatever you like to an omlette- thats the beauty of this breakfast wonder! You can put any veggie, any meat, any cheese your little heart desires! Eat it with toast, with rice, hashbrowns, homefries, or even in a burrito! Combinations are endless!

and...the other half of MY USUAL:)
1/4 c oatmeal
1/4 c organic granola (for crunch)
1/4 c berries

Another great for variations! I like my oatmeal sweet so I usually add a couple drops of Stevia Extract or honey, but brown sugar, or dried fruit it great too. And apparently I am one of the only people who had NO idea whatsoever on how to make oatmeal on the stovetop, but in chance that I am not the only one, I'm giving you directions! (to avoid dumb blonde jokes)

1. First, boil what- first dilemma, how much?!? Answer- aproximately double of how much oatmeal you want to cook.
2. Stir in oatmeal once water is boiling, and reduce heat.
3. Cook until water is mostly gone.

Easy as pie! You'll be a master breakfast chef in no time!
Well, looks like its time for me to head of to the gym- long day of work coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment