Thursday, March 11, 2010

When cooking healthy its definitely a game of trial and error...and I think I've won one! lol In attempt to try and recreate my husband's favorite cookies (No-Bakes) I found a recipe thats pretty close! (no, its not as sugary and delicious, but still a valid attempt!) I found this recipe in Oxygen Magazine, as a reader's send in recipe of the month- so I really have her to thank! I love how theres so many recipes in the magazines- really saves me some time! I've gotten into the habit of cutting them all out and putting them in a book. Which is actually pretty handy- now I'm not searching relentlessly through all 30 or so of my magazines looking for a certain recipe! But back to the no-bake remix...super easy, super quick, and pretty darn tasty!

Its just...
2 c quick oats
1/2 natural pb (I melted mine to make it mix easier)
1 tbs flax seed
4 scoops protein powder (chocolate is my favorite, but you can use vanilla or cookies and cream)
1/2 water
Just mix all together and scoop into a wax paper line pan. Freeze for 3o min, cut, and enjoy!

I drizzled mine with honey, and you can add dried fruit also! So easy, perfect when youre on the go! And even better, theyre good for you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment