Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tonight's dinner was a complete success! My husband always tries my food, but tonight he actually LIKED it! Making me the happiest housewife in the world!:) Not only did he love the meal, it was HEALTHY too!!! Further proving my point that healthy food does NOT taste bad, and you don't need a pound of butter (sorry Paula Dean!) to make a dish taste delicious!

Tonight's meal was "Persian Beef with herb khoresh and rice" from Tosca Reno. The spice blend was unique and spicy, and the aroma, you could basically taste it as it was cooking! Beef is something that I actually have never cooked, and rarely ever eat, but having my husband in mind I decided to take a jab at the unknown. The meal was fairly easy to make, but you need about 10-15 min to prep, and the meal slow cooks for 45-65 min. As Reno says, it spices up even the most basic rice or couscous. Savory and delicious, the Polt household will definetly be making this dish again!

I also made another super easy dish just for fun: Mango Salsa! Soo easy, and soo taste, and oh soo healthy! Great as a side dish, spice up plain ol chicken, or just to munch on alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment