Monday, January 17, 2011

Taking CONTROL!

So I had a bit of an epiphany yesterday. You know when you convince yourself of things that just simply are not true? Well, I've been doing that lately with my diet. As you know I am a Bikini competitor and eat clean year round. Well, lately I've been convincing myself that having a Zone bar once in a while is ok, then that once in a while turned into once a week, then ultimately about 3 a week!! Sneaky little habit that had to be stopped!

Well yesterday I stopped at the store to get gas, fully knowing that my favorite flavor of Zone Bar was carried at this gas station (Fudge Graham). I had to test myself- I walked over and instead of picking up the bar and paying for it I flipped it over to read the back side (which I've done a trillion times before). But this time, instead of justifying my 'cheat' meal I looked at the bar for what it was: a load of sugary crap. No wonder why my stomach was full of knots every time after I ate one! Yes, it has high protein and fairly low calories (my reasonings for eating it before) but it also contained ingredients that I would NEVER even allow in my house, EVER! Like marshmallows, SUGAR, milk chocolate, and things I couldn't even pronounce!! That right there was enough for me- I put the bar down feeling proud. Small battle won for me.

It seemed so silly. I pack all my meals, and know in my head what is good and what is clearly not, yet somehow I had convinced myself that this "tiny little Zone bar" is ok...clearly it was NOT. I'm telling you its a slippery slope, letting things slide. Be in control of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment